Whether you’re a 4th year optometry candidate or a pre-optometry student, chances are you’re thinking ahead to being an OD. This guide is adapted from the CAOS Handbook to give you all the resources to successfully practise in the province of your choice. Some of the steps below may overlap and may not need to be done sequentially.
Disclaimer: Always consult the latest information from the websites of the examining boards and regulatory colleges. Information is subject to change without notice.
Important Contact Information:
College of Optometrists of British Columbia
- 906 – 938 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1N9
- Toll Free: 1-866-910-3464 Tel: 604-623-3464
- Fax: 604-623-3465
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BC Doctors of Optometry (Association)
- 610 – 2525 Willow Street, Vancouver, B.C. V5Z 3N8
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 1-604-737-9907 Toll-free (B.C. only): 1-888-393-2226
- Fax: 604-737-9967