Whether you’re a 4th year optometry candidate or a pre-optometry student, chances are you’re thinking ahead to being an OD. This guide is adapted from the CAOS Handbook to give you all the resources to successfully practise in the province of your choice. Some of the steps below may overlap and may not need to be done sequentially.
Disclaimer: Always consult the latest information from the websites of the examining boards and regulatory colleges. Information is subject to change without notice.
Important Contact Information:
Alberta College of Optometrists
- Registrar & CEO: Dr. Gordon Hensel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- #102 8407 – Argyll Road NW, Edmonton, Alberta T6C 4B2
- Telephone: 780-466-5999 Fax: 780-466-5969
- Website: www.collegeofoptometrists.ab.ca
Alberta Association of Optometrists
- 100, 8407 Argyll Road, Edmonton, AB T6C 4B2
- Telephone: (780) 451-6824 Fax: (780) 452-9918
- Email: Alberta.email@example.com
- Website: www.optometrists.ab.ca
Last Updated: August 20, 2017